Friday 2 November 2012

Baby you're a firework - or not in this case!

After the success of my Halloween nail design, I set my sights on creating something fab for Bonfire night. EPIC FAIL!

I still think my idea was a good one but the execution not so much. I intended on doing a half moon design which looked like a Catherine Wheel firework but I've ended up with regular old bonfires!

Apologies for the very dodgy photo - they were a nightmare to take without flash glare so I've had to do a bit of post light balancing which isn't great at all - they are a lot more glittery and fire like in the flesh! Also you may notice my thumb nail is looking a bit worse for wear around the edges - I've got a really low break, too low to cut off (ouch!) so I've had to put a silk wrap on to hold it together but the brush-on gel (basically the essential bit which makes it all bind together) was all dried up. So I just had to cover the silk bit with base coat, which of course doesn't really work! I give myself a hour tomorrow before I end up with a painful ripped off nail.

Anyway, all in all not my finest work but topical all the same.
I started with a base of Estee Lauder Pure Colour in 20 Perfect Storm. Then once dry went over this with Barry M Nail Paint in Black Multi Glitter, leaving a semi circle of the base colour exposed at the base of the nail.

I then just built up the sparks of a variety of colours, creating flicks with a striping brush:-
Barry M Nail Paint Instant Effects in Gold Foil
17 Fast Finish in Potion
17 Fast Finish in Fury
17 HoloNial Polish in Silver
No7 Speed Dry in Queenie (this is the small flashes of red/pink)
Barry M Nail Paint in Silvery Lilac
LA Splash Nail Polish in Midnight Rain
No7 Stay Perfect Limited Edition in Golden Palms ( I used this one to define the edge of the half moon too)

Here's a pic of the whole kit


As always, finish off with a top coat to protect the design - I used INM Out the Door

Happy painting... the nailist xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment