Wednesday 10 October 2012

Chocolate heaven

Well I'll be damned.. it's only the best week ever in the UK - National Chocolate Week! I don't really know what it means but I'm taking it as an excuse to eat chocolate and create chocolate inspired nail art!

This is my first attempt at the drip style nail art and there's definitely room for improvement! It's more effective if you look at it this way....

The colours don't actually look true to life - I think my flash was a bit too close! The base colour is Revlon Nail Enamel in Charming which is a very light lilac colour. And the drips look more chocolatey as the colour is a gorgeous rich brown... Essie Nail Lacquer in Lady Godiva.

I created the design by applying a base coat of the lilac which I let dry. Then on each nail painted a thick tip of the brown, added dots of brown where I wanted the drips to end and then using a thin brush stretched out the dots towards the tip to create the drip trail, adding more polish to the brush where needed.

Happy Painting... the nailist xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment